Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2017 15:00

HDMI Mode Not Supported

I have just purchased a Dell Inspiron 7000 and have had trouble using the HDMI output. I am getting a Mode Not Supported error on the TV that I have connected the HDMI to. I have tried on multiple TV's and have had the same error with both. I have also tried changing the screen resolution on the laptop many times but that has not worked either. Is there anything else I could try to get it working? Any other ideas?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 21st, 2017 06:00

S_SCHOEBERL,

Connect your laptop to the TV. There are 2 ways. (1) Go to Control Panel then to Display then select Project to a second screen and finally select project to second screen only.
(2) At your Desktop screen do a right mouse click and select screen resolution from the menu. Then on the Multiple Display bracket select "Show Desktop only on 2 (This the 2nd screen which should be your (TV)

1 Message

December 22nd, 2017 19:00

I am having the same trouble with my Dell Inspiron 7573 2-in-1.  I just purchased it on the 10th of December, and am considering returning it within the 15 day return policy of Best Buy to avoid ending up with a problematic system.

My HDMI was a little flaky from the moment I plugged it in.  It took me physically powering down my laptop and powering back up with the HDMI monitor connected before it worked the first time.   Then, this happened again, two more times within the first week.  The HDMI external monitor simply stopped working.  A physical power off and restart fixed it a couple of times.  But now it is not working at all.

The latest thing that preceded its failing to work entirely was when I started up Netflix and clicked the play button for a movie.  The moment the video started to play, the external HDMI attached monitor stopped working.  Physical power down and restart no longer works to fix the problem,

The Samsung TV I'm trying to connect it to keeps saying "Mode Not Supported".   The Dell monitor I had been using, acts like something is connected, but the screen is completely blank.

Like you, I have tried different resolutions and settings.  Nothing seems to kick start it into working anymore.

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2017 18:00

There is no DISPLAY option in the Control Panel......   There is however Intel Graphics Settings which does nothing to help even with Duplicate Screen

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2017 18:00

Dell Inspiron 5560.... All of a sudden I'm having a major problem as well !!!  I have been able to Duplicate My Screen onto any television for the past year until the last few days.  I get the dreaded Mode Not Supported. Resolution not Supported. Change the Resolution of the external device .

No Events found!